School Based Center
The School Based Health Center at the George Washington Educational Campus
Our school-based health centers provide a range of services to students attending the schools in which they are located. Our experienced team includes medical providers (doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants), psychologists, social workers and health educators, as well as dentists and
hygienists at some sites.
Our program emphasizes wellness and encourages young people to adopt healthy lifestyles and behaviors. Parental consent is required for most services. Your child can continue to see their primary care doctor.
Services are available at no cost to your child or the family. Medicaid is accepted and help with getting health insurance is available!
Services at a Glance
- complete physical exams & well child check-ups
- exams for working papers, sports, internships, college, summer camp
- vision and hearing tests
- urgent care and same-day sick visits
- chronic disease management
- treatment for minor and major illnesses
- immunizations and lab work on site
- mental health services - assessments, individual
- and group therapy
- health education
- reproductive health care, counseling, and treatment
- confidential teen services
- dental services available at John F. Kennedy Campus
- referrals made for specialty care
With your permission, we can work with your private doctor and we do not replace your primary care physician.
Students are seen on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm (Closed during school vacations and holidays).
After-hours care is accessible by an on-call telephone service to answer your urgent questions and to help with care.
Contact Health Center at 646-317-0500